Friday 20 January 2012

Unfurled

Unfurled
Oil on Board (7x10)

It was the transmitted light through the unfurled clementine that interested me in this small oil.  If you take a look at my website you see it is a recurring theme for me in both oil and pastel.  It can be tricky setting up the still-life for this effect as you need to set yourself up in a position where the fruit is in a fair bit of shadow (as it is the shadow side that has this beautiful intense colour).  Set against strong darks the impact is even greater.  I have submitted this to  the DPW Challenge and it is also available in the auction at http://www.dailypaintworks.com/



1 comment:

  1. I love this. The bright color and wonderful reflections are perfect. The touches of green add so much to the composition. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete