Thursday 4 July 2013

Mel (Jack's dad)

This is the second sketch of Mel from life in just under two hours. I think I prefer this pastel to the oil sketch but it is interesting to alternate the studies between oil and pastels. I am often asked which medium I prefer and I find it imposible to choose. When I have worked on several pastels I look forward to working in oils, it helps to keep me fresh and I think one medium informs the other. I am looking forward to getting back to some regular still-life subjects; it is such a busy time delivering and collecting from exhibitions, time spent in the studio is precious and I am grateful I have my sessions at the scout hut producing these quick studies to keep me on track. I loaded up again over the weekend to deliver to the Mall Galleries, London.

No comments:

Post a Comment